Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin
- May help improve athletic performance
- 29 grams of carbohydrates
- Fast absorbing
- No fat, artificial flavors or sweeteners
- Available in 1000g (2.2lb) and 5lb sizes
- Scoop included
Muscle Feast Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin is designed to:
- Cluster Dextrin is highly soluble in water, and the solution is highly stable during storage. Cluster Dextrin contributes little to osmotic pressure, and has a relatively low propensity for retrogradation, sludging, and/or caking of a clear solution.
- Cluster Dextrin has relatively long side chains, and these chains are considered to adopt a helical conformation. Such helical structures can form inclusion complexes with guest molecules such as organic acids.
- Cluster Dextrin hardly absorbs moisture. Furthermore, Cluster Dextrin hardly causes any browning reaction. These properties make Cluster Dextrin excellent for use in a spray-drying aid.
- The sweetness of Cluster Dextrin is low compared with the sweetness of dextrins with a relatively high DE.
- Cluster Dextrin has low unfavorable taste derived from starch compared with other dextrins.
What is Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin :
Cluster DextrinTM is a trademarked form of Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin that is a new type of dextrin that is produced from amylopectin via cyclization reaction of a branching enzyme (BE,1,4-α-D-glucan: 1,4-α-D-glucan 6-α-D-(1,4-α-D-glucano)-transferase,EC 126.96.36.199).
Ezaki Glico has successfully achieved industrial production of Cluster Dextrin by applying its unique technology in enzymology.
Glico obtained FDA Notified GRAS status for Cluster Dextrin in October 2012. Cluster Dextrin is manufactured by applying an enzyme called a branching enzyme to corns tarch . The branching enzyme works on the joint of the cluster structure of amylopectin and degrades it by cyclization.
Thus, Cluster DextrinTM is considered to maintain the cluster structure, which is the basic structural unit of amylopectin, nearly as it is.
What are the benefits?
Shorter residence time in the stomach allows design of a sports drink that is quickly absorbed in the body.
Usually, in the case of beverages with electrolytes only, 280 mOsm (same osmotic pressure as bodily fluid) is absorbed quickest. However, our research revealed that gastric emptying when the beverages contain carbohydrates, with a low osmotic pressure beverage of approximately 150 mOsm, is the shortest in proportion to the osmotic pressure of the beverage and gastric emptying (transfer time from stomach to intestine)*1).
That is, if low molecular weight carbohydrates such as glucose are used, osmotic pressure becomes higher even if the concentration is the same (620 mOsm in 10% solution), and only leads to preparation of slow gastric emptying beverages.
On the other hand, if approximately 2500-fold higher average molecular weight Cluster Dextrin compared to glucose is used, osmotic pressure is hardly affected and hypotonic sports drinks can be readily designed, even though electrolytes, vitamins, and amino acids, which are essential for sports drinks, are combined ( in the Figure).
*1) Int J Sports Med, 26: 314-319, 2005
< GET(Gastric Emptying Time) of Various Carbohydrates > (Intake 300mL 10% carbohydrate solution
Take 1 to 2 scoops as needed to increase daily carbohydrate intake. Serving sizes can be increased for those trying to gain weight.
Any side effects?
Dextrose has no known side effects
Mix one serving (1 level scoop) with 6 to 8 ounces of water or beverage of your choice. The number of servings consumed can vary and will depend on your individual fitness goals and/or the type of exercise to be performed.
Why Muscle Feast?
We guarantee our supplements to be the freshest and purest available. Muscle Feast supplements are manufactured under the strictest HACCP, FDA, and Kosher standards, producing the highest quality and purest supplements available. Our raw ingredients undergo state of the art analysis to ensure zero impurities and strict adherence to product labeling. When it comes to price and quality you can't beat Muscle Feast. We guarantee it!
Important facts you should know about our supplements:
- Laboratory tested for purity
- Strict adherence to GMP, HACCP and Kosher standards
- Licensed and regularly inspected by The Ohio Department of Agriculture
- Freshly manufactured - not expired or closeout
- Spoon mixes with no gritty taste or residue
- Backed by the Muscle Feast 30-day money back guarantee
FREE dosing scoop: Get the exact dosage every time with a free single-dose scoop. Fill to the top, not the line.
How can our quality be so high and our prices so low?
We are able to sell the highest quality products at these prices because:
We have over 30 years experience in raw material procurement and we are very selective in what material we use
We work with several of the best medical doctors in the country and only carry products they support
We have our own quality test equipment to ensure we only use the highest quality products available
We have low overhead
We spend very little on marketing and hype